Redirecting your Tumblr blog to a different URL is an important part of site maintenance. By following this simple guide, you can learn how to create and maintain a redirect page on your blog with ease. Redirect pages are a great way to keep people on How to make a redirect page on Tumblr. And they’re especially helpful when you have blog posts that are related but not directly linked.
What is a redirect page?
Redirect pages are a great way to keep people on your Tumblr blog. They’re similar to 404 error pages, but they’re specifically for Tumblr users. To create a redirect page, first, open up the “Customize” menu and choose “Redirects.” Next, click on “Add Redirect” and enter the new Tumblr URL of the page you want people to go to instead of yours.
Once you’ve added a redirect page, people will see a message telling them where to go if they click on something that isn’t supposed to be displayed on the blog.
Why make a redirect page on Tumblr?
How to make a redirect page on Tumblr – a step-by-step guide
Redirecting a page on Tumblr can be a great way to help your blog rank higher in search engines. If you’re new to the process, this guide will walk you through the entire process step by step. First, enter the target domain for this redirect and select “Create.” Next, head to your blog’s settings page and click on “Pages.” You’ll see a list of all the pages on your blog.
Next, select the page you want to redirect and hit “Redirect.” Next, enter the URL of your desired page (for example https://www.yourblog name).
Finally, hit “Publish.” Remember to save your changes by clicking on “Save Changes” below Redirects and then hitting “Publish.”.
Make sure you have the right tools before starting – a Tumblr account and access to your blog’s administration area.
Now, create a new redirect by entering the URL of the page you want to redirect.
Make sure your blog’s settings are set up correctly and hit publish.
- At the top right corner of your Dashboard, press the settings or gear icon.
- By clicking on the blog you want to update, you’ll select it in the left portion of the page.
- Press Customize in the Theme section.
- Next, go to the Add a Page section.
- After the slash, input a page URL or new blog.
- By switching from Standard Layout to Redirect, you may modify the page type.
- Where the page should be redirected after being filtered with the tag filter?
- To have a link to this page, check the box.
- Underneath the checkbox, you may input the title.
- Press the button to create a new page.
How do you add a link to your Tumblr URL?
- Log in to your Tumblr dashboard via a Web browser on Tumblr. To create a new post, click on the “New Post” button or on a post you want to edit.
- Type the text to use to build the hyperlink. After you create the text, highlight the text using your PC’s mouse.
- At the top of the posting editor, click the “Link” icon. A chain image is represented by the link icon. A dialog window pops up when you click it.
- First, go to the URL in the opened dialog window head section. Then, choose “OK” to complete the settings. The dialog window closes, and the text you highlighted in the hyperlink is underlined and activated.
Read also related content: How to Write Playful banter on Tumblr?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the basic steps to creating a redirect page on Tumblr?
1. Log in to your Tumblr account.
2. Click on the “Design” option in the top left corner of your screen.
3. Begin by logging in to your dashboard.
4. In the “Page Options” section, click on “Redirects.”
5. On the next page, under “Configuration,” select which pages you would like to redirect and enter a permanent URL for each one.
6. Once you’ve made your selections click on the blue “Save Changes” button at the bottom of this page.
Can I use my own domain name for my redirected pages?
Yes, you can use your own domain name for redirecting pages on Tumblr. To set this up, click the “Settings” button in the top right corner of your screen, and then Lect whether or not you want people who visit your blog through Google Search and other search engines to be redirected there as well. Roll down to “Redirects and Captions” and click the “Create a New” link.
Then enter a URL that points to the new page (for example, myblogredirect.com). Finally, Ter a username and password for the redirect page so that visitors can access it.
How do you add a link to your Tumblr page?
To add a link to your Tumblr page, log in to your account and click on the “Links” option in the top left corner of your screen.
Click on the “+Add Link” button and enter the URL for your blog post or article.
You can also add a link to your homepage by clicking on the “Add Link” button in the top right corner of your screen.
What is a redirect page?
A redirect page is a URL that directs people to a different website, instead of the original one. It can be used for any website – personal or commercial – and it’s often used when there are broken links, 404 errors, or outdated information on the main site. To create a redirect page, you’ll first need to add an HTML code. This tells the web browser what information to use when displaying the redirected page. To do this, go to Tumblr’s admin panel and search for “HTTP Header.”.
Once you’ve found it, click on the “HTTP Headers” tab and add a new header called “Location.” Enter the appropriate information into the “Location” field, and then click “Save.” Next, you’ll need to set up a 301 (redirect) Status code. This tells the web browser to permanently move the person visiting the old page to the new page without any user interaction required. To do this, go to Tumblr’s admin panel and search for “301 (Redirect).”
After you’ve found it, click on the “301 Redirects” tab and add a new redirect URL. Enter the correct information into the “URL” field and then click “Save.” Lastly, you’ll need to select which pages will
How do I create a redirect page on Tumblr?
To redirect blog posts or comments on Tumblr, follow these steps:
1. Under the Blogs heading, click on the redirection icon next to a blog’s name.
2. On the popup dialog box, you will be asked whether you want that blog’s pages redirected or not. If you choose “redirect,” then all of the blog’s posts and comments will be moved over to the new URL. 3. To create a redirect page on Tumblr, you’ll need to log in to your account and go to the Settings section.
There, under the General tab, you will find a redirect page option. Click on it and enter the new URL into the text field. Then, click on “Create Redirect.”
Do I need to register for an account with Tumblr in order to create and manage redirect pages?
No, you don’t need to register for an account with Tumblr in order to create and manage redirect pages. You can simply follow these simple steps:
1. log in to your Tumblr account
2. Go to “Your Blog” page
3. Click on “Settings” (top right)
4. Under the heading “Redirects,” click on “+ New Redirect”
5. Enter a name for the redirect (e.g.: mysite.com/blog), select a destination URL where users will be redirected (mysite.com/blog/), and choose whether or not you want this redirect page to be public or private 6. Click on “Create.”
In this blog post, we are going to teach you how to make a redirect page on Tumblr. If you’re new to Tumblr, a redirect page is a great way to get started. A redirect page is a page on Tumblr that takes you to a different page instead of the homepage.
This can be useful if you have a blog on Tumblr and want people to click on one of your posts instead of going to the homepage. Follow our step-by-step guide and you’ll be able to make a redirect page on Tumblr in no time.
Read to know: How to remove sublimation ink from a Shirt?